Iskoorit is an excellent technological solution for roofing, covering and strengthening of structures, using steel plates.
The proposed solution is a result of extensive planning and research in Israel and overseas.
The sheets are marketed under the trade name of "Iskoorit".
The "Iskoorit" sheets are used for the following needs:
• Covering roof or wall surfaces.
• Installing partitions.
• Installing floors in combination with other materials.
• Fencing around building sites.
• Construction element for strengthening of buildings (pursuant to Israeli Standard 1225).
Building relatively light roofs given the great distances possible between the beams and the trusses and also on account of the low weight of the profile.
• Transfer of loads to other building parts.
• Giving the building an aesthetic form.
• Strengthening the building by creating a diaphragm in addition to or instead of the diagonal braces in the building.
• Extremely durable.
• Great safety when walking on the roof.
The Iskoorit corrugated sheets are supplied according to Israeli Standard 1508.
"Iskoorit Alpha" sheets - low weight per square meter in relation to other profiles.
They give the assembled building a pleasing design.
"Iskoorit Delta" sheets are profiles with an extremely high strength in relation to their actual weight.
The rolled cap of the profile and its strength allow use of extremely low thickness for obtaining strength and use of larger indices than the other profiles.
"Corrugated Iskoorit" sheets are made of cold rolled and galvanized steel, painted and unpainted.
Their unique feature is their low weight and relatively high strength.
Covering walls and roofs, small sheds, partitions, fences and roller blinds.
"Corrugated Iskoorit" sheets are available in thicknesses of:
0.3 mm to 3.0 mm and of any length desired up to 3.8 m.
Connections and finishing
• In the product catalog methods are detailed for installation of Iskoorit walls and roofs, including recommendations for handling raw material.
• In the assembly be sure to use a screw with a packing washer. Seal the step notch in the top ridge.
• Follow these instructions carefully to prevent leaks.
• Transparent sheets - can be obtained in Alpha, Delta and corrugated Iskoorit profiles, allowing passage of daylight.
Manufacturing and General Assembly Instructions - Summary from Israeli Standard 1508.
Make holes by drilling only when the sheets are against the beams. When drilling, avoid damage to the protective coating by the drill clamp.
Remove all the remnants and chips from cutting and making holes in the sheets from the covering area, in order to avoid focuses for corrosion of the sheets.
The direction of progress of the assembly and the direction of the overlapping will correspond to the main rain directions.
Length of overlapping in the roof will not be less than 150 mm and in the wall it will not be less than 100 mm.
In work with galvanized sheet only, it is recommended to seal the overlaps with elastomer or bituminous material to prevent corrosion between the sheets.
For detailed instructions see Israeli Standard IS 1508.
The vendor reserves the right to modify the specification, without any prior notice.
Instructions for Storage of Corrugated Sheet
Store the parcels or the coils only under shelters. Open sheet packages only in a roofed area.
If humidity penetrates between layers of the galvanized sheets, dry them without delay and store them in a roofed and dry area.
Slight stains of white rust can be removed by wiping with a cloth. If the "white rust" damage is more serious it can be removed with a hard brush (not a steel brush), it is also recommended to paint such material immediately.
Form rolled galvanized sheets can be placed on the side, on wooden plates in such a way as to prevent contact between adjacent plates.
This will allow removal of humidity and give a possibility of air flow. This form of storage is possible when it is necessary to store long sheets at the building site prior to assembly.
* In case of doubts on initial measurement length, the determining method will be an initial measurement length of 200 mm.